IrisDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Rates

+5
ThreeMinter
sidedrip187
Nirvash
PanPan
Tukii
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Server Rates Empty Server Rates

Post  Tukii Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am

Figured the question would come up eventually as I haven't been able to find any definitive info on the subject. I'd like to suggest a 10/10/5 (Exp/SExp/Money) rate. I think that rate would be really good for this game. Faster like a private server should be but not so fast that it takes the fun out of the game. Would like to hear what you guys think!
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Server Rates Empty Re: Server Rates

Post  PanPan Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 pm

i agree
the normal game is already easy enough to lvl up in
if u make the exp rate higher ppl will be max lvl way to fast
PanPan
PanPan

Back to top Go down

Server Rates Empty Even lower please

Post  Nirvash Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 am

I would appreciate the rates even lower then that(for exp) but not drops , I am currently lvl 42 on the Real Iris server from Gpotato , and i level up fairly fast now, and in the begining first 25 lvls you get SWARMED with quests, you will be lvl 25 doing level 17 quests, i would love for it to be lower (exp) , AND the new patch made lvl 1-40 lower exp required to level up so please dont do 10/10/5
Nirvash
Nirvash

Back to top Go down

Server Rates Empty ahmmm

Post  sidedrip187 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 am

10/10/10 would do and it is a LUCKY number ^_^

sidedrip187

Back to top Go down

Post  Tukii Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 pm

I agree with Nirvash on this. I too have an account with GPotato and it is really quick to level 1-40. (I Play a Human Knight) Maybe just set the Rates to something lower?? I'll say 5/5/5. We won't really be able to see whats best until we can actually log in and play though.
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Well I guess it should be just a decent rate slightly higher then the original but late in game is a pain in gpotato i have a 49 SW in it and meh all dailies like 23% per day and if you want too grind you have too risk your self in the pvp Frozen Nest zone which is just plain annoying a buncha 50s comes outa no where and kills ya x.x even with a good party u get maybe like 5% per hr on the grind =/ my self i would say around 7/7/7 or so
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Server Rates Empty ^^

Post  Nirvash Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:00 am

Well my opinion still is about 5/5/5 , Unique + epics could have a better rate but you dont want them to common so everyone has them every time a dungeon is ran... and I made a test account today, I got it to 10 and was still doing level 5-7 quests, and then i got it to 20 and was still doing level 15-16 quests or so, they have a 100% exp event going, so keep in mind that's only 2x exp and I was leveling fast... I can get to level 25 in a day without a exp event going and without cash items/etc... (as a Fighter-Human), only issues with normal exp rates is that you have to grind from 28-30(takes about 2 days) and 37-40 (takes about a week) also 45+ ( That is normal though seeing as max is 60)... I'm currently level 44 on Iris Online, and I leveled from 42-43 in one day, and I got level 44 the next day ( 2 levels in 2 days 42-44)... Exp doesn't need to be much higher... sorry but if you want this to be a good server you dont want high rates where you can get to 60 quickly or people will just get bored and leave... Yes grinding is a pain but it's needed... you cant just scoot by on quests... you want some time into leveling past 45+. I'm fairly good with knowing a lot of the things on Iris (even though I'm not 45+ my guild tells me the pros/cons)... Sorry I wrote a lot , thank you for reading it though.
Nirvash
Nirvash

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Hehe I understand what you mean I guess 5/5/5 would work it would still be much faster compare too the official but we won't have as many parties like the official so doing theme dungeons,dailies and such will take so long and such a pain too do solo since don't forget the population will be low for awhile and solo grinding like any class with no AoE won't be able too grind well my self i'll just suggest too put it like at 7x till we get a higher population then make it too w/e rate later
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirvash Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Well that's for Two/Tatsuo to choose so I dont know, we leave are fate in there hands xD haha. Maybe changing the beginning exp potions to 50% instead so people can use them when they please, and make then last a day or so.

Last edited by Nirvash on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I forgot Cyan...)
Nirvash
Nirvash

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Yeah I guess that will work or that pot that gives all 3 exps up by 20% for 7 D change it too 50% for 7 D at least for just temporary reason too compensate for the low population xD
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirvash Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:22 pm

ThreeMinter wrote:Yeah I guess that will work or that pot that gives all 3 exps up by 20% for 7 D change it too 50% for 7 D at least for just temporary reason too compensate for the low population xD
I said that, I edited my post tho x.x LOL XD

Last edited by Nirvash on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nirvash
Nirvash

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Lol I know you just said that I was just replying too agree with your suggestion xD
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirvash Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:30 pm

ThreeMinter wrote:Lol I know you just said that I was just replying too agree with your suggestion xD
I edit alot of my posts x.x I reread them after I post them and I dont like how it sounds so I change it, or I simply forget my cyan color x.x fail, or i start to disagree with something I previously said.
Nirvash
Nirvash

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Haha I see it's beter too just keep them the way they are so you don't get confused xD
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Server Rates Empty An Alternative

Post  Tukii Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 pm

The dungeons are going to be a pain for a while regardless of what the rate is at. Simply because the population will be low. I have a different idea about the Experience rates though.
Levels:
1-9 standard
10-19 2x
20-29 5x
30-39 10x and so on.
I think that kinda helps with the early leveling spike and will let people grind a little easier if no one is up for a dungeon they need. I know it may not be the best solution but its an alternative to having one set rate for Exp.
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Mmmm possible or just lower the exp curve per lvl so each lvl will have a lower rrequired amount of exp
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Server Rates Empty Another Idea

Post  Tukii Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Take each levels experience requirement and subtract the previous level from it. So for example the experience requirement for 10 would be the standard (not already reduced) amount of level 9 subtracted from level 10. Giving you a smaller amount of required experience to gain without using a multiplier. It lets there be a quicker leveling process early and will still slow down later.

I understand this may be way faster then I'm thinking. I just need to look up the Exp tables and tweak the idea. So far I think for this concept to work we may need to reduce by 1/2 or a 1/4 of the previous level. Just wanted to get it out there and see what you all think.

http://irisonline.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Table

Based on the link I think that it would work much better to do half of the previous level. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Tukii on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah I understand what you mean your suggesting too lower the exp curve per lvl so it's lower exp compared too the official like in exmple lvl 10 would require like 9k and if you cut the exp curve in half it would be like 4.5k instead
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tukii Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Right! Very Happy Here is a better example using the Experience Table.
Level 9 - 6446
Level 10 - 9025
All you do is half level 9 giving us 3223 and subtract it from level 10 and we have 5802.
I'm sure you already understood. I just wanted to be extra clear with what I meant. I hate confusion, lol!

Looking at it now though.. I think 25% is the way to go. 50% is way too much.

Last edited by Tukii on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Hehe yeah I guess but that would require more work then just increasing the base exp by a certain multiple xD
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tukii Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:49 pm

We're going to need Two's input on that one. Simply changing the Experience table values should not be that hard at all. I could even go through and calculate the values for all of them to save him the trouble.
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeah true we'll see later I guess I could help out as well if they do accept the idea but i'm half the time dead busy x.x
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tukii Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Its alright and its only like 30 minutes worth of work on my part anyway. Thanks for offering though. Smile
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeMinter Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Mmmm guess we wait and see what they'll do but first things first is too get the server up and running for testing xD
ThreeMinter
ThreeMinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tukii Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Well I finished reworking the Experience Table. If Two decides he's interested in trying the idea I'll post the info. I'll need to do the Skill Exp also but I'll wait until Two says something. No sense in doing all of this for no reason.
Tukii
Tukii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next